Your decision to study at the University of Adelaide is a decision to obtain or further your qualifications in an environment that pursues excellence, values creativity and gives its graduates the opportunity to make an impact on the world.
But university life is about more than just study.
Challenging, transforming and expanding your mind, attitude, beliefs and social connections, university is a life-changing experience filled with many opportunities to broaden your horizons.
Ensuring the experience of all students is a positive, successful and rewarding one, the University of Adelaide's vibrant and rich campus life, comprehensive range of academic programs and administrative and support services exist to help you get the most out of your time at uni.
- On Campus Student and Support Services
With the excitement of university life comes the challenge of managing its demands - academically, socially and personally. The University delivers a wealth of student support services including a counselling service, a health service, an accommodation service, a learning and disability service, the Maths Learning Centre, the English Language Centre, childcare centres, an employment service, security services and academic support.
- Student Associations
- Adelaide Chinese Engineering Association
- Adelaide University Union (AUU)
- Adelaide University Civil Engineering Society (AUCES)
- Adelaide University Engineering Society (AUES)
- Adelaide University Mathematics Society (AUMS)
- Adelaide University Mining Engineering Society (AUME)
- Adelaide University Practical Engineering Club (AUPEC)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - Student Branch
- Chemical Engineering Society (CHEMS)
- Computer Science Club (cs.club)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Society of Adelaide University (EEESAU)
- Engineers Without Borders - Student Chapter
- Girl Geek Coffees
- Robogals Adelaide
- Robotic System Development Association (RSDA)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers - Student Chapter
- Industry Associations
- University Experience Ambassador Program - Would you like to play a part in enhancing the university experience of new students studying in the Faculty of ECMS, and inspire prospective students to study in this field? The University Experience Ambassador Program formally recognises the contribution that student volunteers make to the faculty and university community. Find out more about the University Experience Ambassador Program
- Engineers Without Borders - Want to make a difference? Engineers Without Borders is a community of like-minded people who share a passion for fighting poverty with appropriate and sustainable technology. Learn more
- VolunteerConnect - The Adelaide University Union's VolunteerConnect is a program designed to help students link into volunteering opportunities with not-for-profit organisations.
- Robogals Adelaide - Want more girls in engineering? Try Robogals Adelaide. The South Australian chapter of Robogals - an international organisation aiming to increase female participation in engineering - seek volunteers (both girls and guys) to run robotics workshops at primary and high schools throughout Adelaide, and rural and regional SA twice a year. No robotics experience is necessary. Training sessions are provided and programs are very easy to work with. If you're interested in fun and productive volunteer work with a friendly mix of people, email
For the latest volunteering opportunities, visit What's On in ECMS.
- Women in Engineering and Technology
The Faculty of ECMS recognises the increasingly vital role women play in engineering and technology and strives to provide academic and social support, networking opportunities and resources for female students within the Faculty to ensure that they are well positioned to contribute to the future advancement of their chosen field.
Visit our Women in Engineering and Technology page for further information.