Calibrated load testing machines with load ranges between 1kN and 5000kN for monotonic, cyclic and dynamic testing.
Train ride quality testing to AS 7509 to assess safety, stability and driver or passenger comfort.
Strong-floor, reaction frames and hydraulic rams for full-scale element and prototype testing.
Earthquake simulations by shake table testing of mechanical plant
Design of bespoke test procedures and equipment with in-house fabrication and instrumentation capabilities.
Fixed and portable shakers for shock and vibration testing. High velocity linear actuators for impact testing.
The only industrial scale wind tunnel in SA. Capable of wind speeds of up to 110 km/h.
Six degree of freedom “hexapod” for multi-axis load, shake and kinematic testing.
Full-scale load testing of buildings and structures
Bridge load capacity testing
Long-term geotechnical and structural monitoring
Metallurgical, cracking and corrosion and weld failure investigations
Full-field strain measurement by digital image correlation.
Testing Instrumentation and Analysis
EngTest has operated for over 20 years to provide industry access to the facilities and expertise in the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences to undertake laboratory and field testing. We can test to nominated national standards, or design a bespoke solution specific to your needs.
Access to the world-class facilities at the University of Adelaide with technical input and oversight by academic staff ensures high quality, reliable results in which our clients can have confidence. EngTest jobs are run by dedicated EngTest engineers with industry experience and an understanding of the need to meet tight timelines and budget constraints of our industry partners.
For further information please contact EngTest
- Structural testing to AS 1170
- Load testing and monitoring for buildings, bridges and retaining structures
- Full scale airbag and hydraulic-ram structural testing
- Strong floor, reaction blocks and Instron servo-controlled actuators for full-scale prototype testing
- Masonry and concrete Schmidt hammer surveys and materials testing
- Materials and components
- NATA- calibrated load testing machines with load ranges between 1 kN and 5000 kN
- Compression, shear, flexural and tension testing
- Concrete testing to AS 1012
- Masonry testing to AS 4456
- Dynamic, cyclic, creep and fatigue testing
- Integrity and durability of machine components
- Full-field strain measurement by digital image correlation
- Microscopy and metallurgy
- Weld failure investigations
- Shake table and earthquake testing
- Uniaxial shake-table testing of equipment of up to 2 tonnes with dimensions up to 2-m cubed
- 6 DoF “hexapod” for kinematic and multi-directional load testing
- Hi-speed ram driven by linear servo motor
- Fixed and portable shakers
- Testing to AC 156 and AS 60068.3.3
- Instrumentation and monitoring
- Structural instrumentation, monitoring and data analysis
- Electrical continuity testing
- Train ride-quality indexing for locomotives and wagons to AS 7509
- Design of control and data acquisition systems
- Geotechnical and mining
- Geotechnical testing to AS 1289
- Triaxial, direct shear and oedometer testing
- Total and matric suction
- Hydraulic conductivity
- Field testing including seismic DMT and SASW
- Inclinometer measurement of retaining structures
- Rock in-situ stress measurement by acoustic emissions and deformation rate analysis
- Forensic investigation of structures subject to foundation movements
- Wind tunnels
- Adelaide wind tunnel is the only industrial-scale wind tunnel in SA.
- Anechoic wind tunnel provides a low turbulence intensity flow into our anechoic chamber.
- KC wind tunnel provides a low speed open return tunnel with a modular design and multiple contraction and test sections.
- Acoustics and vibration
- Sound insulation testing to AS 1191
- Sound absorption to AS ISO 354
- Noise monitoring and control
- Flow resistance testing of porous media
- Pipe condition assessment by water hammer analysis
- Capture efficiency analysis and reporting for storm water filtration devices.
- Flume and weir testing
- Bespoke testing
- Design of test procedures and test equipment to meet our clients requirements
- In-house fabrication and instrumentation workshops