Massive Small Manufacturing + Humanitarian Making in the Field
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: Makerspace Adelaide (opposite the Bus Depot), 100 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000
- Cost: Free!
- More information: Find out more and register
- Contact: Sharon Ede firstname.lastname@example.org
- Andrew Lamb, Innovation Lead for Field Ready Presenter
Research into the logistics of humanitarian aid has shown that up to 80% of the expenditure of the world's aid agencies goes to buying supplies and moving it around the globe, at a cost of $US 20 billion a year.
What if we could shorten supply chains in a time of crisis, provide local employment, reduce carbon emissions and cut costs by producing relief aid in the field, through manufacturing by the masses, instead of mass manufacturing?
Come along to this FREE event and find out how open and digital production technologies are transforming manufacturing, with a special focus on how local production and circular economy approaches are being deployed in humanitarian responses to disasters.
Date: Monday 25 November
Location: Makerspace Adelaide, 100 Franklin Street city
Brought to you by Green Industries SA.