- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
- Cost: Free
- More information: Find out more and register
- Contact: Nicole Eleftheriou firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for an evening of discovery! Hear from an internationally diverse set of scientists on how we are currently using basic research and globally distributed computing to answer humankind’s most fundamental questions.
Featuring short presentations on Particle Physics and High-Performance Distributed Computing, followed by an open panel discussion on current and future possibilities in each area.
Universal Science is organised as part of the 24th International Conference on Computing in High Energy and Nuclear Physics.
Hosted by Steven Goldfarb from The University of Melbourne and joined by Hannah Short and Lucia Silvestris from CERN, this evening will give you the opportunity to talk one-on-one with international renowned experts.
- 5.30pm: Pre-event displays, interactive activities and VR Demonstrations
- 7.00pm: Keynote speaker presentations
- 8.00pm: Intermission
- 8.30pm: Audience Q&A and panel discussion
- 9.00pm: Event Concludes