- Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: 126 Santos Lecture Theatre, Kevin Marjoribanks building, cnr North Terrace and Pulteney St (adjacent Nexus 10 Precinct)
Are you a student with the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences or Faculty of the Professions? Come along to Bright Futures Society's Guide Your Career seminar and connect with student speakers and industry professionals.
Maths colloquium - Malte Peter (Universität Augsburg), "Water-wave scattering by many bodies and effects of periodic and almost periodic spacings"
- Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2019, 3:10 pm - 5:00 pm
- Location: Lower Napier LG28
At a colloquium hosted by the School of Mathematical Sciences, Prof. Dr. Malte Peter (Universität Augsburg) will provide an introduction to linear water-wave interaction with bodies of characteristic length comparable to wavelength.
- Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2019, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: Level 8, Innovation and Collaboration Centre, UniSA Cancer Research Institute, North Terrace Corner North Tce and Morphett St Bridge, Adelaide SA 5000, Australia
The Artificial Intelligence Collaborative Network will present "AI: Reshaping the Future of Resources" on 17 April at the Innovation and Collaboration Centre on North Terrace, Adelaide.
- Date: Wed, 1 May 2019, 12:10 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli building, B17
Hosted by the School of Mathematical Sciences, physical oceanographer/ocean engineer Dr Alberto Alberello will recount his adventures on an icebreaker in the Southern Ocean and discuss how maths can be applied to untangle aspects of complex marginal ice zone dynamics.
- Date: Wed, 8 May 2019, 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Napier G03, The University of Adelaide, North Terrace, Adelaide SA
World Red Cross Day is held annually around the globe on 8 May, the day that Red Cross Red Crescent founder Henry Dunant was born.
- Date: Fri, 17 May 2019, 11:10 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: N158 Chapman Lecture Theatre, Engineering North
Speaker: Yuri Kivshar, Nonlinear Physics Center, Australian National University, Canberra
- Date: Wed, 22 May 2019, 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli B17
im.vision are recruiting for graduate and final year roles, find out more at the information session: Wednesday 22 May.
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Barr Smith South 2051
This workshop event is an exciting opportunity to engage with professionals and learn about how to ensure your job application stands out for all the right reasons.
- Date: Mon, 27 May 2019, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Chapman Theatre, Level 1A, Room 158 Engineering North Building
A panel of experts with experience working at NASA and across the terrestrial resources, space and academic sectors will paint the picture of the mining in space activities currently underway.
- Date: Fri, 31 May 2019, 12:10 pm - 1:00 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli
The University of Adelaide is offering undergraduate students studying Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences an opportunity to do an internship course for credit in Semester 2.
- Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2019, 5:45 pm - 10:00 pm
- Location: UniSA Cancer Research Institute, 8th Floor, North Terrace (adjacent to Morphett Street Bridge), Adelaide SA
Join the Institution of Engineering & Technology (IET) SA/NT for an evening of insights to highlight the incredible work in South Australia that many women are achieving in their Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medicine (STEMM) careers and business careers in STEMM organisations.
- Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2019, 11:10 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: Level 2, The Braggs Seminar Room
The Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing (IPAS) are very excited to welcome Dr Joanne Harrison, Lisa Stevens and Broderick Matthews from the Department of Defence Science and Technology (DST) to present the potential opportunities, employments and collaborations with DST.
- Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019, 11:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Location: Rm N132, Engineering North
Presented by Derek Grocke (Director/Founder of CyberOps), this session will provide a high level overview of the NATO Locked Shields 2019 game play including differing attack/defence methods used and how the lessons learned may be used in many organisations. All staff and interested students welcome.
- Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2019, 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Engineers Australia SA, 108 King William Street, Adelaide, SA
Calling all student and graduate engineers. Looking to take control of your career? Want to not only set goals, but start kicking them too?
- Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2019, 8:50 am - 10:15 am
- Location: Adelaide CBD (more details provided to those who 'secure a spot')
Register your interest by Thursday 6 June: The Adelaide Delivery Centre is one of three major ICT Hubs of the Department of Health Services (DHS), and they are hosting an Insight Morning so that students in technical disciplines can learn more about the career options available in their business.
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli Building, Room 5.57
Join the ECMS Space and Defence theme team to celebrate International Asteroid Day.
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2019, 9:30 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Chapman Lecture Theatre, Engineering Nth: N158
Marc Lyell from Frazer-Nash Consultancy will be on campus 2 July to deliver Project Management training over the course of three sessions specifically designed for Engineering PhD students. Don't forget to register.
- Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2019, 3:00 pm
- Location: Engineering South S112, North Terrace Campus
Wednesday 10 July at 3pm: You're invited to join Professor Joost van Hoof from The Hague University of Applied Sciences as he addresses the topic of how societies facilitate catering for older people.
- Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2019, 11:00 am
- Location: Room G07, Engineering Maths Building
Tuesday 16 July, 11am: The ARC Centre of Excellence for Mathematical and Statistical Frontiers (ACEMS) is delighted to host Anthony Lee, Senior Lecturer in Statistical Science, University of Bristol, and Director of the Data Science at Scale Programme at the Alan Turing Institute for this one-off tutorial style seminar.
- Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2019, 12:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre
Don't miss the opportunity to hear from, and cheer on our very own talented PhD students as they present their thesis in just 3 minutes! When: 18 July. Don't forget to register for this free event.
- Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2019, 3:00 pm
- Location: Engineering South S112, North Terrace Campus
Monday 22 July, 3pm: Join Professor Paul Cooper from the University of Wollongong as he provides an overview of the facilities and research conducted at the 6 Star, net-zero energy Sustainable Buildings Research Centre.
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019, 1:10 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Engineering North N132
Meet the ExxonMobil campus recruitment team (including UoA Grad!) and learn about the oil & gas industry, ExxonMobil’s Australian business and summer vacation program – what to expect, how to apply and what they look for - Friday 2 August.
- Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019, 5:30 pm
- Location: Chapman Lecture Theatre, Engineering Nth
Friday 2 August, 5.30pm: Come along to the Adelaide University Postgraduate Society AGM, help improve the life of postgrads on campus and, of course, get some free food!
- Date: Mon, 5 - Fri, 9 Aug 2019
- Location: The Uni Loop (meet at the '200m post' on Mackinnon Parade)
Grab your running shoes and head along to the trials to represent ECMS in the annual VC Cup, a 4x800m running race through the university grounds.
- Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2019, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: S111, School of Mechanical Engineering
An exciting opportunity brought to you by the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) - Adelaide section. Hear fromWing Commander Fernando Gonzalez, Director Export Coordination Unit on Monday 5 August.
- Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2019, 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: The Elephant British Pub, 1 Cinema Pl, Adelaide SA 5000
Do you want to meet senior engineers from over a dozen different companies? If yes, you should come to the upcoming networking event for civil engineering students on Tuesday 6 August, 6pm - 8pm at the Elephant British Pub.
- Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Building
Calling all undergraduates! Join us as we celebrate the fantastic research being conducted at the Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing (IPAS), where we use the power of light to make the world a healthier, wealthier and better place, Thursday 8 August - registration includes free pizza!
- Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2019, 7:00 am
- Location: Start: Victoria Park / Pakapakanthi, Wakefield Rd
Friday 9 August, 7am: Join the University of Adelaide's team and step up for South Australia's homeless. Register today.
- Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2019, 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Level 2 meeting room
Monday 12 August, 1-3pm: Looking to improve your CV? Struggling to communicate your research skills in a CV? Curious about the different between academic and non-academic CVs? Join us for an interactive panel discussion to discuss everything CV.
- Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019, 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: Eleanor Harrald Building Lecture Theatre, Lot Fourteen (Cnr Frome Rd and Nth Tce, Adelaide)
Thursday, 15 August: Developments in AI will disrupt the economy and the world in ways not seen since the industrial revolution. To celebrate National Science Week, join us for a discussion on the ethics of Artificial Intelligence in Australia.
- Date: Wed, 28 - Fri, 30 Aug 2019
- Location: UniBar
We’re searching for the most energetic and enigmatic performers out there who are ready to blow our judge's socks off - register before 16 August for your chance to take home the crown!
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019, 5:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: UniBar Adelaide Ground Floor, Union House
Thursday 5 September: Meet other students who studied overseas, compete for prizes in a game of trivia and our annual Pitch Perfect competition (sponsored by STA Travel), and network to find new opportunities for you now you're back in Adelaide.
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: TBC, North Terrace Campus, University of Adelaide
Thursday 5 September: The microgravity environment is a new frontier for discovery and innovation. Learn how science in space will affect life on Earth.
- Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Napier G04 Lecture Theatre
Thursday 5 September: The Bright Futures Society, in collaboration with the Adelaide University Young Alumni Committee are joining forces to present an insider event that will show you what it's like to transition from a student to working full time.
- Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm - 5:30 pm
- Location: Online: https://aprintern.org.au/stem-fest-2019-webinar/
STEMFest 2019 will put the spotlight on some of Australia's STEM changemakers and their contributions to local innovation.
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019, 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: El Cheeky Flamingo, 40/33 Vardon Avenue Adelaide , South Australia , 5000
Thursday 12 September: Join a night of celebration with other early-career engineers and find out how you can dive headfirst into the engineering community.
- Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2019, 6:00 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, 1022 - enter from ground floor
University of Essex, United Kingdom
- Date: Mon, 16 - Thu, 19 Sep 2019
- Location: Multiple
16-19 September: If you’ve almost completed your undergraduate course studies and still aren’t sure about your career, you can begin a Master of Teaching in 2020 and put yourself in contention for a long and rewarding career in education.
- Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G04 Lecture Theatre
20 September: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Making Two Triplets from One Singlet Exciton – Singlet Fission Yield of TIPS-Pentacene in a Polymer Matrix.
- Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Engineers Australia South Australia, Level 11, 108 King William Street, Adelaide 5000
24 September: Join Young Engineers Australia South Australia for an evening of professional relationship building with fellow engineers and industry leaders.
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G04 LT
27 September: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Small meets smaller: Nanomaterial-microbe crosstalk–physicochemical principles and patho biological consequences.
- Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2019, 1:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: The Mezzanine - Hub Central, North Terrace Campus
Research Day is an annual opportunity for members of the SABE research community – both staff and research students – to share current research and innovation in the school with affiliates and stakeholders in the built environment professions, industry and government, as well as the wider University community.
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019, 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
- Location: Santos Lecture Theatre, The University of Adelaide
You're invited to attend a full-day workshop run by the Centre for Asian and Middle Eastern Architecture (CAMEA) titled Nature and Culture in Early Modernity: New Approaches to Landscape History.
- Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G04 Lecture Theatre
4 October: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Colloidal-nano transport in porous media: Laboratory and multi-scale physics and technologies with Prof Pavel Bedrikovetski.
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019, 1:10 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Engineering South, S111 Teaching Room, Level 1
10 October: Heathgate is expanding its employment opportunities and team members will be on campus to speak and network with chemical engineering and geoscience students interested in paid work experience and developing their careers.
- Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2019, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Santos Lecture Theatre, Level 1, Nexus 10 (10 Pulteney St)
10 October: Hear from recent graduates who will help answer all your questions and give an insight into the challenges of transitioning from university life to work life that you aren’t taught in lectures and - free pizza!
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Scott Theatre Lecture Hall, The University of Adelaide
The Indian Students Club—in collaboration with the University of Adelaide and Engineers Australia—is hosting a much-awaited event: Industry Night - Understanding SA & its Job Market. Speakers include the Vice-Chancellor, Deputy Vice-Chancellor and CEO’s of companies who will be sharing their incredible experience, speak about upcoming opportunities in South Australia and the do's and don'ts of what to do when looking for a job.
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019, 5:15 pm - 8:30 pm
- Location: University of Adelaide Health & Medical Sciences Building, 4 North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Tuesday 15 October: Missing in Action – Public debate and its contribution to Australia's policy directions with Rear Admiral the Honourable Kevin Scarce.
- Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre 1022, enter from ground floor
15 October: Julian Raxworthy will discuss ideas from his book “Overgrown”. A reconsideration of the garden and a call to landscape architects to consider both planting and the elements of time and maintenance
- Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2019, 12:10 pm - 1:00 pm
- Location: Hub Central, North Terrace
Work experience related to your degree is a great way to demonstrate your passion for the industry and is regarded very favourably by employers.
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs, Level 2
17 October: Current students and early career researchers will provide three minute insights into their research and experiences, there will be plenty of time for networking over free food and drink, and there will be a chance to tour many of the optics laboratories in both the Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing (IPAS). RSVP essential by 15 October.
- Date: Fri, 18 - Sat, 19 Oct 2019
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre
18-19 October: Prof Leon van Schaik, guest lecture at DRC Colloquim, followed by speaker presentations on Saturday.
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: AHMS Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
29 October: University of Adelaide students have an exclusive opportunity to see Dr Karl live when he comes to campus to present 'Great Moments in Engineering' - register today!
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019, 5:45 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre, Room L1, North Terrace Adelaide
30 October: As a valued graduate of the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS), you are invited to join for a drink and hear from the Director of our new Centre for Sustainable Planetary and Space Resources (CSPSR), Associate Professor John Culton III, followed by a sneak peek of our student final year showcase, Ingenuity.
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Thursday 31 October: Celebrating tomorrow’s technology leaders, Ingenuity 2019 showcases the dynamic world and real life applications of engineering, computer and mathematical sciences.
- Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
3 November: Join us for an evening of discovery! Hear from an internationally diverse set of scientists on how we are currently using basic research and globally distributed computing to answer humankind’s most fundamental questions.
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Ambassadors Hotel, 107 King William Street, Adelaide 5000
Young Engineers Australia South Australia would like to invite you to their Annual Open Night to celebrate the successes in 2019 and showcase plans for the next year.
2019 Luxton Memorial Lecture: Avoiding the winner's curse: How to manage Australia's energy transition
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace campus
21 November: Dr Alex Wonhas, Chief System Design and Engineering Officer, the Australian Energy Market Operator will present the 2019 Luxton Memorial Lecture, "Avoiding the winner's curse: How to manage Australia's energy Transition”.
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: Makerspace Adelaide (opposite the Bus Depot), 100 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000
25 November: Come along to this FREE event and find out how open and digital production technologies are transforming manufacturing, with a special focus on how local production and circular economy approaches are being deployed in humanitarian responses to disasters.
- Date: Tue, 26, 9:00 am - Wed, 27 Nov 2019, 3:00 pm
- Location: Room S111, Engineering South, North Terrace
26-27 November: The Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML) invites you to a free two-day workshop with Dr Ernest Fokoué, Professor of Statistics at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G04 LT, 1-2 pm
29 November: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Colloidal-nano transport in porous media: Upgrading production with safe technology in advanced-flow reactors for continuous manufacturing with Ms Alessandra Vizza, Reactor Technologies, France.
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli Atrium North Terrace campus
3 December: Join AustCyber and CSIRO Data61’s Ribit for a curated speed-networking focusing on connecting students and recent graduates to leading businesses from across the cyber sector.
- Date: Sat, 7 - Sun, 8 Dec 2019
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
7-8 December: The 2019 Australian VEX Robotics Competition Nationals will be taking place here in Adelaide, marking the culmination of the efforts of teams from all over Australia.
- Date: Mon, 9 - Tue, 10 Dec 2019
- Location: National Wine Centre, Exhibition Hall, Cnr Hackney Road and Botanic Road, Adelaide SA 5000
H2CS - Heat and Habitat in Cities Symposium, hosted by the School of Architecture and Built Environment, will bring international and national experts, policy makers, planners, designers and researchers to exchange knowledge, experience and expertise and to discuss and debate concrete ideas for planning, designing, developing and improving our cities.