Summer computer and mathematical science internships for credit
- Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2020, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, North Terrace
- Cost: Free
- More information: Find out more and register
- Contact: Careers Service firstname.lastname@example.org
We are offering undergraduate students studying Computer Science and Mathematical Sciences an opportunity to do an internship course for credit in the Summer intensive period between November 2020 - January 2021.
The internship will be a 4 week full time internship experience with a host organisation. Internships will also be commencing for Semester 1 2020.
Internships offer you the chance to:
- Gain a competitive edge in the job market by acquiring some work experience
- Build your confidence when the time comes to apply for future job opportunities
- Build industry specific and professional networks
- Gain an increased awareness of your skills, attributes, personal qualities and values
- Develop a personal work ethic and specific skills and knowledge related to your potential career
- Enhance your resume.
The internship course will give you an opportunity to use your analytical, problem solving, collaboration and time management skills as well as help you develop your interpersonal skills and build your networks.
Preference for the internships available will be given to those who attend the information session on 29 September.
All students are welcome to attend this seminar however eligible students for internships are those who have completed 36 units of study, have a GPA of 5 or above and have elective space in their degree programs may be eligible to do an internship.
Date: Tuesday 29 September
Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre