- Date: Fri, 31 Jan - Sun, 2 Feb 2020
- Location: TBC
31 January: Be part of the inaugural International Space University (ISU) Adelaide Conference 2020, bringing together ISU alumni and space industry and researchers from around the globe.
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: North Terrace Campus
6 February: A panel involving former NASA astronaut and University of Adelaide graduate Dr Andy Thomas AO will discuss opportunities in space, and how our next generations of young people can prepare for the future.
- Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G03 Lecture Theatre, North Terrace campus
7 February: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Photocatalytic water splitting for large-scale solar hydrogen production with Prof Kazunari Domen Research Initiative for Supra-Materials (RISM), Shinshu University with Prof Domen, Japan
- Date: Mon, 10 - Thu, 13 Feb 2020
- Location: LG28, Lower Napier, North Terrace Campus
10-13 February: The Adelaide Power Systems Summer School (APSSS) 2020 has gathered prominent scientists from around the globe to teach the applications of various artificial intelligence techniques in power systems and smart grids engineering - expressions of interest close 10 November.
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2020, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G03 lecture theatre
14 February: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Designing Nanostructured Electrocatalysts for Efficient and Selective Electrocatalytic and Photoelectrochemical Conversion of Energy and Chemicals with Prof Song Jin, USA.
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Engineering South S112 Lecture Theatre
21 February: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Methane pyrolysis: The third way for low CO2 hydrogen production with Professor Laurent Fulcheri, France.
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020, 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Location: Innovation Studios, North Terrace campus
24 February: Brought to you by the Adelaide Mechanical Engineering Student Society (AMESS), the competition gives you the chance to see some epic mechanical devices from our newest Mech Eng students and learn more about what AMESS is all about.
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020, 2:10 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: Kerr Grant Lecture Theatre, Physics Building
24 February: We would like to welcome Glenn Solomon, Associate Professor at the Joint Quantum Institute at the University of Maryland who will be discussing semiconductor quantum materials.
- Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2020, 10:10 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Napier 102 (Note: change of venue)
10 March: This specifically tailored ECMS workshop will guide you through the first stage of the recruitment process - sourcing graduate jobs.
- Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2020, 10:00 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Hughes, North Terrace
Want to stand out at Careers Expo? This 1-hour presentation will provide insights and advice on how to prepare for Careers Expo, what to expect and how you can make the most out of the event.
- Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2020, 9:10 am - 10:00 am
- Location: Engineering North, North Terrace
12 March: This seminar will guide students through the second stage of the recruitment process - applying for graduate jobs.
- Date: Mon, 16 - Wed, 18 Mar 2020
- Location: National Wine Centre, Adelaide
16-18 March: The Centre for Energy Technology at the University of Adelaide invites you to attend the second International Forum on Zero Carbon High Temperature Minerals Processing (HiTeMP-2), the leading global forum fostering the transformation of heavy industry towards net-zero CO2 emissions.
- Date: Thu, 19 - Fri, 20 Mar 2020
- Location: 19/03: Hub Central | 20/03: Napier G04
POSTPONED: Experience a taste of Morocco in this two day event. On Thursday, sample authentic cuisine and relax with mint tea while browsing traditional handicrafts. On Friday, join His Excellency the Ambassador of Morocco and other guests for a lecture series about Morocco’s innovations in renewable energy and sustainable agriculture.
- Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2020, 10:10 am - 11:00 am
- Location: Johnson, North Terrace
24 March: Students will learn skills skills to perform well in interviews as well as how to sell themselves to employers.
- Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2020, 11:10 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: Nexus 10, North Terrace
26 March: This session is an interactive, hands-on development workshop intended to maximise your LinkedIn profile.
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar - Fri, 3 Apr 2020
- Location: Online
Register for one of four webcasts to find out more about applying to the Rio Tinto 2021 Graduate Program.
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
1 April: The 2020 Dean's Research Seminar Series kicks off with guest speaker and best-selling author Chip Huyen who is working with a US-based start-up that focuses on overcoming the challenge of productionizing research in the machine learning industry.
- Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2020, 10:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb, North Terrace
23 April: This interactive workshop will simulate a real life assessment centre which is often the final stage of the recruitment process.
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2020, 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm
- Location: Napier Building, Level 1 lecture theatre (102), North Terrace campus
12 May: Whether you're still at high school or planning to join us mid-year, taking a break from study or rethinking your career path, come chat with us at STEM Careers Night.