Agile Science: Turning Models into Products for Industry and Research
- Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2021, 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: Room 5.57 (Level 5) Ingkarni Wardli Building, The University of Adelaide
- Cost: Free
- More information: Find out more and register
- Contact: Andre Costa email@example.com
Join us to hear about development of mathematical/statistical/engineering models from prototypes through to production deployments.
The Teletraffic Research Centre, part of the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences, has been working on applied and product-driven projects for industry since 1987. We cut our teeth in telecommunications network engineering and over the past 30+ years have branched out into a range of industry sectors including defence, utilities and agriculture. Our clients include Telstra, DST Group and SA Power Networks.
A common feature of many of our projects has been the development of mathematical/statistical/engineering models from prototypes through to production deployments. We have invested in capability and technology to be able to rapidly deliver “productised” models which enable our clients to access the models interactively (for example, to run “what-if” analysis and to compare the model results under alternative scenarios).
Benefits of moving towards productised models include:
- Making models accessible and usable to industry partners (in addition to delivering just a “static” report)
- Potential path to commercialisation
- Enabling agile scientific research in its own right (even if commercialisation is not a goal).
The purpose of this presentation is to share our experiences with other researchers and to propose:
- partnering with TRC to deliver solutions to your existing industry clients
- partnering with TRC to approach new (potential) clients with product capability
- research collaboration.
All University of Adelaide staff, students and research community are welcome.
We look forward to seeing you there!