Learn about the career opportunities in Australia's Naval Shipbuilding Industry
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2021, 12:10 pm - 1:30 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre followed by networking and pizza, Ingkarni Wardli Atrium
- Cost: Free
- More information: Find out more and register
- Contact: Careers Service firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in a career in one of the most technologically advanced industries in the world? Meet and network with recruiters from BAE Systems, Naval Group Australia and ASC over pizza!
Current students, graduates, postgraduate students and Higher Degree by Research students with an interest in high-tech careers are invited to attend this Information Session on career opportunities in Australia's Naval Shipbuilding Industry.
Cutting-edge careers are available right here in South Australia in the naval shipbuilding industry.
Australia’s Naval Shipbuilding Industry will employ over 15,000 people at the peak of work and presents exciting career opportunities to work with world-class technology and complex systems integration on the Royal Australian Navy’s current and future fleet.
This technologically advanced workforce will be exposed to some of the most modern facilities and sophisticated systems on offer, rivalling some of the most complex engineering programs anywhere in the world.
The work is exciting, challenging and incredibly rewarding.
Who should attend?
- Students from any year level
- Graduates, postgraduates and Higher Degree by Research students
Opportunities are available for students studying STEM degrees, particularly software, mechanical and electrical engineering, as well as project management, cyber security, finance, HR & legal disciplines.
Please note most roles require applicants to be an Australian Citizen, however there are opportunities for international students and permanent resident holders in the small and media sized enterprises in the industry.
Let NSC help you start your future career in shipbuilding: a job for today, a career for life.
Join this information session to learn more about the industry and how NSC can you help take your first steps to an exciting and long-term career, through it’s free National Workforce Register.
- Date: Thursday 19 August 2021
- Time and location: 12:10pm: Information Session (Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre) | 1:00pm: Networking and Pizza (Ingkarni Wardli Atrium)
Students will also hear from recruitment professionals from BAE Systems Maritime Australia, Naval Group Australia, and ASC.
- Nick Howie, NSC
- Cathy Riach, BAE Systems Maritime Australia
- Travis Hillman, Naval Group Australia
- Lidia Morris, ASC