Events: Computer Science
- Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021, 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location: Braggs Seminar Room Level 2 and Zoom
Presented by the Institute for Photonics and Sensing, you're invited to this special event featuring a lecture by the newly appointed Professor Glenn Solomon.
- Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021, 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs, North Terrace
You should attend this information session if you are interested in completing an internship as preference may be given to students who have attended these sessions.
- Date: Tue, 26 - Wed, 27 Oct 2021
- Location: Online via Zoom
R is quickly gaining popularity as a programming language for statisticians, data scientists and researchers. It has an excellent ecosystem including the powerful RStudio and the Shiny web application framework. In this workshop, you will learn how to manipulate, explore and get insights from your data as well as how to convert your data from one format to another.
- Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021, 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Level 2 Seminar Room 214, The Braggs Building
Please join us for an evening celebrating the great work being undertaken in this field at the Institute for Photonics and Advanced Sensing (IPAS). Even if you don’t think optics and photonics is for you, please come along – you may be surprised! In any case we promise you will be inspired, have fun and be fed.
- Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2021, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre and online
Ingenuity is an interactive showcase of university student projects exploring real-life applications of architecture, engineering, computer and mathematical sciences. This year, SA's largest technology expo will be brought to you both face-to-face and virtually, letting you choose how you wish to explore this year's 300+ student projects!
- Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2021, 9:30 am - 10:30 am
- Location: Online
During this workshop you will learn about options market making, compete with an audience in an interactive game, and participate in a Q&A. We will also provide more information about our free online Options 101 Course and our VR Office Tour and Simulator!
- Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2021, 8:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
Over the past 6 years, generationYOU has created a thriving community of millennials: students, graduates, young professionals, school leavers and dreamers, with one thing in common – a strong desire to unleash their potential at work (and in life)! Free tickets available – secure your place by 27 August.
- Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2021
- Location: Multiple locations
This year, we will be wearing it purple under the theme ‘Start the Conversation, Keep it Going’. This is focused on the important and necessary conversations we have in our daily life; that centre around sexual orientation and gender identity. Here's how you can get involved.
- Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021, 1:10 pm
- Location: Napier G03 Lecture Theatre
At this information session you'll learn about the Top100 Leaders competition and how to ace it for yourself! Hear insider tips from past finalists and judges.
- Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2021, 2:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli Atrium, Ground Level, University of Adelaide, North Terrace
Ribit and AustCyber (Australian Cyber Security Growth Network) are hosting a cyber security focused speed interviewing for jobs and networking event for talented tertiary students looking for internships, part-time jobs and entry-level graduate roles in the fast-growing cyber security sector. Registration essential.