Events: Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2020, 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm
- Location: Napier Building, Level 1 lecture theatre (102), North Terrace campus
12 May: Whether you're still at high school or planning to join us mid-year, taking a break from study or rethinking your career path, come chat with us at STEM Careers Night.
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
1 April: The 2020 Dean's Research Seminar Series kicks off with guest speaker and best-selling author Chip Huyen who is working with a US-based start-up that focuses on overcoming the challenge of productionizing research in the machine learning industry.
- Date: Tue, 31 Mar - Fri, 3 Apr 2020
- Location: Online
Register for one of four webcasts to find out more about applying to the Rio Tinto 2021 Graduate Program.
- Date: Mon, 10 - Thu, 13 Feb 2020
- Location: LG28, Lower Napier, North Terrace Campus
10-13 February: The Adelaide Power Systems Summer School (APSSS) 2020 has gathered prominent scientists from around the globe to teach the applications of various artificial intelligence techniques in power systems and smart grids engineering - expressions of interest close 10 November.
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: North Terrace Campus
6 February: A panel involving former NASA astronaut and University of Adelaide graduate Dr Andy Thomas AO will discuss opportunities in space, and how our next generations of young people can prepare for the future.
- Date: Sat, 7 - Sun, 8 Dec 2019
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
7-8 December: The 2019 Australian VEX Robotics Competition Nationals will be taking place here in Adelaide, marking the culmination of the efforts of teams from all over Australia.
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: Makerspace Adelaide (opposite the Bus Depot), 100 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000
25 November: Come along to this FREE event and find out how open and digital production technologies are transforming manufacturing, with a special focus on how local production and circular economy approaches are being deployed in humanitarian responses to disasters.
2019 Luxton Memorial Lecture: Avoiding the winner's curse: How to manage Australia's energy transition
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace campus
21 November: Dr Alex Wonhas, Chief System Design and Engineering Officer, the Australian Energy Market Operator will present the 2019 Luxton Memorial Lecture, "Avoiding the winner's curse: How to manage Australia's energy Transition”.
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Ambassadors Hotel, 107 King William Street, Adelaide 5000
Young Engineers Australia South Australia would like to invite you to their Annual Open Night to celebrate the successes in 2019 and showcase plans for the next year.
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Thursday 31 October: Celebrating tomorrow’s technology leaders, Ingenuity 2019 showcases the dynamic world and real life applications of engineering, computer and mathematical sciences.