- Date: Mon, 10 - Thu, 13 Feb 2020
- Location: LG28, Lower Napier, North Terrace Campus
10-13 February: The Adelaide Power Systems Summer School (APSSS) 2020 has gathered prominent scientists from around the globe to teach the applications of various artificial intelligence techniques in power systems and smart grids engineering - expressions of interest close 10 November.
- Date: Mon, 9 - Tue, 10 Dec 2019
- Location: National Wine Centre, Exhibition Hall, Cnr Hackney Road and Botanic Road, Adelaide SA 5000
H2CS - Heat and Habitat in Cities Symposium, hosted by the School of Architecture and Built Environment, will bring international and national experts, policy makers, planners, designers and researchers to exchange knowledge, experience and expertise and to discuss and debate concrete ideas for planning, designing, developing and improving our cities.
- Date: Sat, 7 - Sun, 8 Dec 2019
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre
7-8 December: The 2019 Australian VEX Robotics Competition Nationals will be taking place here in Adelaide, marking the culmination of the efforts of teams from all over Australia.
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: Room LG28, Lower Napier Building
13 December: Dr Holly Krieger from the University of Cambridge will give the 2019 Mahler lecture in mathematics, "A tour of the Mandelbrot set".
- Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019, 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Location: Ingkarni Wardli Atrium North Terrace campus
3 December: Join AustCyber and CSIRO Data61’s Ribit for a curated speed-networking focusing on connecting students and recent graduates to leading businesses from across the cyber sector.
- Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Napier G04 LT, 1-2 pm
29 November: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Colloidal-nano transport in porous media: Upgrading production with safe technology in advanced-flow reactors for continuous manufacturing with Ms Alessandra Vizza, Reactor Technologies, France.
- Date: Tue, 26, 9:00 am - Wed, 27 Nov 2019, 3:00 pm
- Location: Room S111, Engineering South, North Terrace
26-27 November: The Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML) invites you to a free two-day workshop with Dr Ernest Fokoué, Professor of Statistics at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: Makerspace Adelaide (opposite the Bus Depot), 100 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000
25 November: Come along to this FREE event and find out how open and digital production technologies are transforming manufacturing, with a special focus on how local production and circular economy approaches are being deployed in humanitarian responses to disasters.
2019 Luxton Memorial Lecture: Avoiding the winner's curse: How to manage Australia's energy transition
- Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- Location: The Braggs Lecture Theatre, North Terrace campus
21 November: Dr Alex Wonhas, Chief System Design and Engineering Officer, the Australian Energy Market Operator will present the 2019 Luxton Memorial Lecture, "Avoiding the winner's curse: How to manage Australia's energy Transition”.
- Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2019, 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: Ambassadors Hotel, 107 King William Street, Adelaide 5000
Young Engineers Australia South Australia would like to invite you to their Annual Open Night to celebrate the successes in 2019 and showcase plans for the next year.