Events: Mathematical Sciences
- Date: Tue, 12 May 2020, 6:15 pm - 7:45 pm
- Location: Napier Building, Level 1 lecture theatre (102), North Terrace campus
12 May: Whether you're still at high school or planning to join us mid-year, taking a break from study or rethinking your career path, come chat with us at STEM Careers Night.
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
1 April: The 2020 Dean's Research Seminar Series kicks off with guest speaker and best-selling author Chip Huyen who is working with a US-based start-up that focuses on overcoming the challenge of productionizing research in the machine learning industry.
- Date: Mon, 10 - Thu, 13 Feb 2020
- Location: LG28, Lower Napier, North Terrace Campus
10-13 February: The Adelaide Power Systems Summer School (APSSS) 2020 has gathered prominent scientists from around the globe to teach the applications of various artificial intelligence techniques in power systems and smart grids engineering - expressions of interest close 10 November.
- Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2020, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: North Terrace Campus
6 February: A panel involving former NASA astronaut and University of Adelaide graduate Dr Andy Thomas AO will discuss opportunities in space, and how our next generations of young people can prepare for the future.
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2019, 2:10 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: Room LG28, Lower Napier Building
13 December: Dr Holly Krieger from the University of Cambridge will give the 2019 Mahler lecture in mathematics, "A tour of the Mandelbrot set".
- Date: Tue, 26, 9:00 am - Wed, 27 Nov 2019, 3:00 pm
- Location: Room S111, Engineering South, North Terrace
26-27 November: The Australian Institute for Machine Learning (AIML) invites you to a free two-day workshop with Dr Ernest Fokoué, Professor of Statistics at Rochester Institute of Technology.
- Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019, 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- Location: Makerspace Adelaide (opposite the Bus Depot), 100 Franklin Street, Adelaide SA 5000
25 November: Come along to this FREE event and find out how open and digital production technologies are transforming manufacturing, with a special focus on how local production and circular economy approaches are being deployed in humanitarian responses to disasters.
- Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2019, 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre, North Terrace, Adelaide SA 5000
Thursday 31 October: Celebrating tomorrow’s technology leaders, Ingenuity 2019 showcases the dynamic world and real life applications of engineering, computer and mathematical sciences.
- Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2019, 5:45 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Adelaide Convention Centre, Room L1, North Terrace Adelaide
30 October: As a valued graduate of the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS), you are invited to join for a drink and hear from the Director of our new Centre for Sustainable Planetary and Space Resources (CSPSR), Associate Professor John Culton III, followed by a sneak peek of our student final year showcase, Ingenuity.
- Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
- Location: AHMS Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
29 October: University of Adelaide students have an exclusive opportunity to see Dr Karl live when he comes to campus to present 'Great Moments in Engineering' - register today!