- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2020, 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Location: Online via Zoom
This Zoom workshop will provide you with an opportunity to work with colleagues to evaluate teaching effectiveness. Register by 23 June.
- Date: Tue, 14 - Thu, 16 Jul 2020
- Location: Online via Zoom
These two workshops will showcase Inquiry Based Learning (IBL) as an effective framework to motivate students and enhance learning outcomes. Registrations close 30 June.
- Date: Thu, 21 May 2020, 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- Location: Online via Zoom webinar
This on-line workshop provides advice and support for research supervisors who are now having to supervise remotely.
- Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2020, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
- Location: Horace Lamb Lecture Theatre, North Terrace Campus
1 April: The 2020 Dean's Research Seminar Series kicks off with guest speaker and best-selling author Chip Huyen who is working with a US-based start-up that focuses on overcoming the challenge of productionizing research in the machine learning industry.
- Date: Thu, 19 - Fri, 20 Mar 2020
- Location: 19/03: Hub Central | 20/03: Napier G04
19-20 March: Experience a taste of Morocco in this two day event. On Thursday, sample authentic cuisine and relax with mint tea while browsing traditional handicrafts. On Friday, join His Excellency the Ambassador of Morocco and other guests for a lecture series about Morocco’s innovations in renewable energy and sustainable agriculture.
- Date: Mon, 16 - Wed, 18 Mar 2020
- Location: National Wine Centre, Adelaide
16-18 March: The Centre for Energy Technology at the University of Adelaide invites you to attend the second International Forum on Zero Carbon High Temperature Minerals Processing (HiTeMP-2), the leading global forum fostering the transformation of heavy industry towards net-zero CO2 emissions.
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2020, 2:10 pm - 3:00 pm
- Location: Kerr Grant Lecture Theatre, Physics Building
24 February: We would like to welcome Glenn Solomon, Associate Professor at the Joint Quantum Institute at the University of Maryland who will be discussing semiconductor quantum materials.
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020, 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- Location: Engineering South S112 Lecture Theatre
21 February: School of Chemical Engineering & Advanced Materials Research Seminar - Methane pyrolysis: The third way for low CO2 hydrogen production with Professor Laurent Fulcheri, France.
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2020, 12:00 pm - 1:30 pm
- Location: S111 Engineering South - note change of venue
Professor Rob Woodbury will be discussing the representation of parametric modeling and an architecture for and features of directly interactive design gallery systems that enable designer-directed rapid making, editing, saving and selecting designs, as well as expanding the resulting design spaces.
- Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2020, 4:45 pm - 8:00 pm
- Location: The University of Adelaide, Engineering North building N158, Chapman Lecture Theatre.
17 February: In this presentation, potential engineering solutions for a safe vaccine development will be discussed to emphasis what chemical engineers could contribute to the fast vaccine development.