Coming to university for the first time will be an exciting period of your life as you take advantage of the many educational and social opportunities on offer at the University of Adelaide.
Challenging, transforming and expanding your mind, attitude, beliefs and social connections, university is a life-changing experience filled with many opportunities to broaden your horizons.
Ensuring the experience of all students is a positive, successful and rewarding one, the University of Adelaide offers a comprehensive range of academic programs, administrative and support services, and a vibrant and rich campus life.
- On Campus Student and Support Services
With the excitement of university life comes the challenge of managing its demands - academically, socially and personally. The University delivers a wealth of student support services including a counselling service, a health service, an accommodation service, a learning and disability service, the Maths Learning Centre, the English Language Centre, childcare centres, an employment service, security services and academic support.
- Student Associations
- Adelaide Chinese Engineering Association
- Adelaide University Union (AUU)
- Adelaide University Civil Engineering Society (AUCES)
- Adelaide University Engineering Society (AUES)
- Adelaide University Mathematics Society (AUMS)
- Adelaide University Mining Engineering Society (AUME)
- Adelaide University Practical Engineering Club (AUPEC)
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics - Student Branch
- Chemical Engineering Society (CHEMS)
- Computer Science Club (cs.club)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Society of Adelaide University (EEESAU)
- Engineers Without Borders - Student Chapter
- Girl Geek Coffees
- Robogals Adelaide
- Robotic System Development Association (RSDA)
- Society of Petroleum Engineers - Student Chapter
- Engineers Without Borders - Want to make a difference? Engineers Without Borders is a community of like-minded people who share a passion for fighting poverty with appropriate and sustainable technology.
- Women Leaders in STEM Careers Program
The University of Adelaide's Women Leaders in STEM Careers Program provides personal and professional development opportunities for young women in STEM degrees. Through the program, we help our female STEM students develop into innovative leaders in their fields who have the confidence, resilience and leadership skills to pursue a career in STEM, and give industry well-rounded, highly regarded and prepared graduates.
All current female students from the University of Adelaide studying any Science degree or any Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science degree from 2nd year onwards are eligible to apply. Find out more about applying for the program.
Other Opportunities for Women in STEM Degrees
Are you studying a Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science degree at the University of Adelaide?
The Faculty of ECMS recognises the increasingly vital role women play in engineering and technology and strives to provide academic and social support, networking opportunities and resources for female students within the Faculty to ensure that they are well-positioned to contribute to the future advancement of their chosen field.
Find out more about networking opportunities, social groups, events and scholarships for Women in Engineering and Technology.