Scholarship for research in acoustic meta-materials
Based within the School of Mechanical Engineering our Acoustics Vibration and Control researchers undertake fundamental and applied research to solve significant industry challenges, and consistently deliver tangible, real-world impact.
The research focus for these two PhD projects is on acoustic meta-materials, and, in particular, exploiting non-linear material behaviours to enhance or customise acoustic absorption properties. The exact details of the project will be negotiated with the candidate prior to submission of an application for an Australian Postgraduate Award. Suggested topics to be investigated include:
- Highly absorptive acoustic meta-materials for use in air or underwater.
- Non-linear vibration isolation materials.
- Non-linear acoustic materials.
- Adaptive-passive acoustic absorptive material that can be dynamically adjusted.
About the scholarship
- Applications close 15 October 2019
- Number of projects: 2
- Payment per year: $27,596 tax free per annum + $15,000 per annum top-up scholarship
To apply email a copy of your CV and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in applying for a scholarship to Professor Carl Howard on firstname.lastname@example.org