EOI CLOSING 18 OCTOBER: Prestigious industry PhD scholarships
ECMS have on offer a number of highly sought-after PhD opportunities including industry placement and full-fee paying scholarship with expressions of interest closing 18 October.
University of Adelaide Industry PhD (UAiPhD)
Our University of Adelaide Industry PhD (UAiPhD) is an innovative 4 year program which includes the completion of a 6 month industry placement. You will receive a scholarship and will be supported by University of Adelaide and industry supervisors.
We have two UAiPhD opportunities which are open to both international and domestic students:
Industry partner: Maptek Pty Ltd
Project title: Semantic Understanding of 3D Point Clouds
Faculty: Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Science (ECMS)
Scholarship: Approximately $38,092 p.a. tax free (2020 rate)
Industry partner: South Australian Equal Opportunity Commission (EOC)
Project titles: Research topics are flexible under this scheme
Academic area: Students with research interests particularly in Arts, Social Science, Business and Law
Scholarship: Approximately $28,092 p.a. tax free (2020 rate)
Adelaide-CSIRO Industry PhD (iPhD)
Our second program, the Adelaide-CSIRO Industry PhD (iPhD) is a specialised 4-year program and scholarship. This iPhD includes a minimum 6 month industry placement, offering you an enhanced opportunity to work in an industry-defined research area with support and supervision through a partnership between the University of Adelaide, CSIRO and an Industry Partner.
The CSIRO iPhD is only open to domestic students.
The successful candidate will receive:
- $40k p.a. scholarship (tax free), alongside project research support funds of $10,000 p.a.
- A tailored program of coursework and skills development
- Access to world-leading researchers and infrastructure.
There are five different projects under this scheme:
- Ageing - Dairy Intake and Cognitive Decline
- Exploration and Commercialism of Australia’s Edible Insects
- Trace analysis of noble-gases using laser cooling and trapping for groundwater management
- Exploring the Cambrian Depositional Systems with Novel Isotope Techniques
- The Role of Kiwifruit in Supporting Psychological Health and Wellbeing
How to apply
You must provide an expression of interest by 9:00am, 18 October 2019 and online applications will be accepted up to 31 October 2019.
Any questions? Please contact: email@example.com