PhD Scholarships spanning the complete mining and processing production chain
Generous PhD scholarships in engineering, computer science, data analytics and mathematical modelling are now available.
Join the Australian Research Council Training Centre for Integrated Operations for Complex Resources and help deliver the vital enabling tools – advanced sensors, data analytics and Artificial Intelligence – for automated, integrated and optimised mining.
All PhD projects include an industry placement and offer a unique opportunity to work on industry-linked interdisciplinary projects with leading researchers and mining industry partners.
- Cross-borehole seismic interferometry to interpolate rock mass and geometallurgical variables
- Draw-point and cave operation and fragmentation sensing
- Gold sensing
- Wireless sensor network radio frequency identification for continuously deployable tagging
- Vibration and accelerometer sensing for early stage roping detection in hydrocyclones
- Pulp Chemistry Monitor for leach applications
- Integration and analytics of drill sensor information to derive geometallurgical attributes
- Fingerprinting ore types and blends by fusing hyper-spectral and other sensors using assisted machine learning
- Ore tracking model from uncertain resource model to belt sensors and run-ofmine stockpiles
- Integration of sensors to maximise crushing plant throughput
- Integration of grinding circuit sensors including ultrasonics for particle size distribution to maximise mill throughput
- Integration and analytics of pulp chemistry sensor information with instream analysis for flotation plant optimisation
- Integration of in-stream and particle size measurements using ultrasonics in flotation
- Rapid updating of resource knowledge with sensor information including structures
- Measure and monitor particle size distributions so as to divert low value waste
- Machine Learning to link resource to down-stream products
We invite qualified Australian domestic and international students with an excellent master/honours degree in mining engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, mathematics, statistics or related areas to submit an Expression of Interest with the view to start from mid-2020 onwards.
The scholarships are open to Australian domestic and international students, and successful applications will receive a tax-free stipend of AU$34,013 for 3 years.