Job opportunities: Multiple companies seeking software engineers
We are looking for Bachelor degree holders, Master degree holders and PhD graduate Software Engineers to work with Data61, CSIRO, University of Adelaide, and the University of New South Wales.
The roles will commence in early 2021 and will be full time from 1.5 years to 3 years in duration.
We are seeking:
- Software Engineers that enjoys coding and problem solving
- PhD graduates in Software Security/Software Engineering (with hands-on coding experience) or Machine Learning.
If you have a keen interest/knowledge (maybe this is your hobby) in any of the following then you should definitely get in touch (if this is your last semester of study, still get in touch, you could work part-time till you finish your courses)!
- Coding in C/C++/Python
- Linux kernel(s) and operating systems
- Interest in Computer architecture (understanding of how instruction are executed in various computer architectures such as Intel x86, microcontrollers)
- Just in time (JIT) compilation or any interest/knowledge in compilers and compiler optimisations
- Experience in performance profiling (e.g. perf, x86 performance counters, dtrace, eBPF)
- Experience in debugging (e.g. gdb, rr)
- Computer networking protocols (in general) and routing protocols (e.g. OSPF)
- Binary analysis
- Symbolic execution and SAT solvers
Or as a PhD graduate:
- Developing machine learning algorithms (Deep Learning)
- Applied machine learning (PyTorch, TensorFlow, Convolutional Neural Networks, Generative Adversarial Networks, Sequence Learning algorithms) and machine learning algorithms development in general
- Software Security/Computer Security/Software Vulnerability Assessment
The projects will involve developing:
- Research and tool to address the security/safety concerns associated with using machine learning algorithms for applications; and
- The automated discovery of software bugs or vulnerability using fuzzing.
Applications close 30 April 2021.