Watts Women in Power Engineering Summer Scholarship
Are you interested in an industry based summer research project with Watts?
What's the project?
Being able to classify residential electricity consumers based on their behind-the-meter (BTM) technologies is critical to the intelligent planning and operation of distribution network service providers (DNSP), electricity retailers and future businesses such as flexibility aggregation.
This research study intends to use variations of the Motif Discovery method to classify consumers based on their demand profile without any other prior knowledge.
We want to build a multi-label classification tool to identify users with various BTM technologies. In addition, we want to try different variations to the original Motif Discovery hoping to improve the accuracy of the classification method.
What's in it for you?
- Experience working closely with some of our leading researchers on a ‘real’ research project together with the industry partner, Watts, and Flexibility Aggregator Simulation Platform (FRESNO).
- Build strong rapport with potential Honours and PhD supervisors
- Spark your interest in research and potential career pathways requiring an Honours Degree or Higher Degree by Research
- Receive a living allowance while you’re doing it
- Obtain valuable work experience that you can include on your CV.
- Work alongside other Adelaide Summer Research Scholarship students.
Who can apply?
Masters by coursework students, or 3rd/4th year undergraduate students who identify as female are eligible to apply.
You need to have a good understanding of statistics and a knowledge of programming in Python.
How to apply?
Send an expression of interest directly to Dr Ali Pourmousavi Kani for more info and to apply.
Applications close 10 December 2021.