Our Applied Electromagnetics group’s research centres on electromagnetic waves and their application in electrical, electronic and optical engineering.
Our research has supported advances in a variety of transformative products and services. Among them are antennas and systems for defence applications, high-speed next-generation wireless communications, and high-resolution ‘see through’ radar imaging.
Areas of particular focus include:
- microwave antennas and propagation
- computational electromagnetics
- metamaterials and metasurfaces
- terahertz devices and communications and radar systems
Our Applied Electromagnetics group aims to:
- produce cutting-edge research on electromagnetic devices, and electromagnetic fields’ interaction with matter
- develop electromagnetic devices and systems to serve next-generation technologies
- generate graduates with industry-relevant research and development skills.
We have expertise across a wide range of areas. Many of our researchers are available to assist with research project supervision for Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy students