Distributed and Intelligent Technologies
With specialist capability in Distributed and Intelligent Technologies, we build large and complex distributed computer systems that serve a wide range of functions in society.
Our researchers are particularly focused on:
- system execution modelling and model-driven engineering
- innovative Internet of Things system development
- task scheduling and resource allocation
- privacy-preserving computing and data mining
- network analysis, routing and optimisation
- social network analysis.
Our advanced research has broad application across numerous industries, including:
- high-performance computing
- cloud computing service providers
Our Distributed and Intelligent Technologies’ research assists with the creation of robust software systems and networks, as well as large-scale data analysis, to address pending societal problems.
Our work has been applied extensively in the real world. In particular, communities have benefitted from our open-source MEDEA system-execution modelling environment, produced with the Defence Science and Technology (DST) Group.
This modelling environment has assisted, for example:
- early-stage performance-model development for large-scale distributed software systems, such as those used within combat management systems
- performance optimisation in drones used to monitor animal population growth.
Strong industry links
We have longstanding collaborations across a number of sectors, including the DST Group in defence, and numerous health industry partners. We also receive significant funding from the Australian Research Council and other competitive funding bodies.
We have expertise across a wide range of areas. Many of our researchers are available to assist with research project supervision for Master of Philosophy and Doctor of Philosophy students. To enquire about consulting services or working with us on a research project, please contact the researchers listed below.
|Professor Katrina Falkner||Learning analytics and learning technologies; Distributed and intelligent technologies|
|Professor Hong Shen||Parallel and distributed computing; Algorithms; Privacy and security; Data mining; High performance networks|
|Associate Professor Nick Falkner|
|Dr Claudia Szabo|
|Dr Cruz Izu||Learning analytics and learning technologies; Distributed and intelligent technologies|
|Dr Damith Ranasinghe|
|Dr Yuval Yarom||Computer security|