Throughout your degree you may want to perform a degree check to ensure you have completed the right courses or to check your eligibility for graduation.
Please follow the instructions below to complete your degree check and create your study plan.
How to check your degree
- Open your Academic Transcript on MyAdelaide (click Students then Academic Transcripts).
- Download the correct study plan for your program and open in Adobe or similar.
- Using the highlighter function in Adobe, highlight each course on your study plan that you have completed in one colour using your transcript as a reference.
- Using a different colour, highlight each course you are currently studying.
- Use the text box function to indicate which semester you plan to take each course that you have remaining.
- You now have your degree check and study plan!
Save the relevant pages to refer to whenever you need.
- Course Availability: Some courses are only taught in certain study periods. You will need to use the course planner to check their availability.
- Pre-requisites: Make sure that you check any pre-requisites your courses have before deciding which semester you will study them in. You can find the pre-requisite information on the course planner.
- You are in your 1st Semester at the University of Adelaide: If this is your 1st semester at the University and you do not have any credit or advanced standing, you can refer to the study plans on the ECMS website. If you do have credit or advanced standing and are unsure about your study plan, please fill in the form below and Ask ECMS can assist.
- Academic Program Rules: You can find your Academic Program Rules online and it is a good idea to also check your plan follows these rules.
- Downloading and using Adobe: If you do not have access to adobe you can download it here: Adobe for Students
- Highlighting your Document: Choose Tools then Comment to see the toolbar for the Highlight Tool. Once you select the Highlight tool a change colour dot will also appear.
- Adding a Text Box: Choose Tools then Comment to see the toolbar for the Add Text Box tool. It looks like the letter “T” within a box. Once you select the Add Text Box tool you will be able to place text anywhere on the PDF.
Need your study plan checked?
Sometimes study plans can be quite complicated and you might need a student advisor to confirm what you have mapped.
Please note: If this is your 1st semester studying at the University of Adelaide then you do not have to upload a study plan and you can request one at the link below.
Once you have followed the steps above and have your study plan please fill in the form below.