Engineering internship course
There are two Engineering Internship courses:
- Undergraduate students: ENG 3100 Engineering Internship UG
- Postgraduate students: ENG 7110 Engineering Internship PG
The Engineering Internship courses are worth 0 units and will be graded as a Pass (will appear on transcript as a NFE – No Formal Examination) or Fail.
These courses will be offered in the following teaching periods: Semester 1, Semester 2 and Summer Semester.
When to enrol
Once you have completed all of the weeks/hours of your internship requirements for your Engineering program, you are required to enrol into your relevant Engineering Internship course (see above) to submit your single assessment.
Ideally, you should enrol into the next available teaching period after you have completed all of the weeks/hours of your internship requirements for your Engineering program.
Please note, if you are expecting to complete your coursework and internship requirements within the same teaching period, you are advised to enrol into your Engineering Internship course prior to the teaching period census date.
You will be required to submit a single assessment in MyUni under your relevant Engineering discipline and via the appropriate submission window. There are 3 submission windows per teaching period:
- Submission window #1 (All students)
- Submission window #2 (Graduating students only)
- Submission window #3 (Employment Contract)
Relevant submission window dates will be available in MyUni.
For your assessment, you are required to submit the following:
- three 500 word journal entries for each internship you have undertaken. A template is provided after you register your internship in SONIA Online.
- host feedback forms for each internship you have undertaken. These forms can be downloaded from SONIA Online.
- a 2500 word reflective report, details of which will be provided in MyUni.
If you would like more information about internships or your question hasn't been answered here, please contact the Ask ECMS team.