Life on Campus
We want your time with us to be a rewarding, life-changing experience, filled with opportunities to challenge, transform and expand your mind, attitude, beliefs and social connections.
To ensure that experience eventuates—and you graduate equipped to make an impact on the world—we offer a comprehensive range of on-campus programs, sporting and cultural outlets, and administrative and support services.
With the excitement of university life comes the challenge of managing its demands—academically, socially and personally. To help you stay on top, we provide a wealth of student support services, including:
- accommodation service
- careers service
- childcare centres
- counselling service
- disability support service
- English Language Centre
- health clinic (Adelaide Unicare)
- Maths Learning Centre
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions (PASS)
- Writing Centre
Every member of our community has the right to feel safe, welcome and respected
We are proud of our faculty's diversity and committed to providing an inclusive and safer campus community for everyone.
The University's ALLY Network provides support and advocacy to people who identify as being lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ). The Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences has a number of staff and students who are ALLY Network members. You too can become a member or register for an ALLY Training Workshop.
University study can be a challenge and even more so if you have a disability or condition that you need to manage as well. The University’s Disability Support service can help you manage ways to accommodate your disability, so you can focus your energies towards your studies.
Find out more about the University’s student support services.
Finding casual employment and work experience
Need a casual job or work experience while you’re studying? The AUU also provides an employment service, including an online job vacancies board and support with resume writing and interview preparation.
Adelaide University Union
The Adelaide University Union (AUU) is an organisation run by students for students, and provides for almost every aspect of your life on campus. This includes advocacy for academic matters, assistance with Centrelink, subsidised housing, legal advice and more. For further information, visit Student Care.
Adelaide University Sport
Adelaide University Sport is the sole provider of sport and active recreation on-campus, with an extensive range of sporting facilities and sport clubs.
Clubs and student societies
Joining a club is a great way to meet people, share your interests and make friends on-campus. As a Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences student, some clubs you might want to check out include the:
- Adelaide Design and Engineering Practical Team
- Adelaide Petroleum Association
- Adelaide University Civil Engineering Society
- Adelaide University Computer Science Club
- Adelaide University Engineering Society
- Adelaide University Mathematics Society
- Adelaide University Mechanical Engineering Student Society
- Adelaide University Mining Engineering Student Society
- Adelaide University Robotics Club
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics – Student Branch
- Chemical Engineering Society
- Competitive Programming Club
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Society of Adelaide University
- Engineers Without Borders Australia
- Robogals Adelaide
- Student Organised Network for Architecture (SONA)
- Women in STEM Society