Make a lasting impact within your faculty and boost your professional credentials. Sign up to the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) Volunteer and Ambassador Program.
As an ECMS Volunteer or Ambassador, you will have the opportunity to contribute to a number of areas, including:
- engagement in the community and industry
- outreach activities
- promotional events.
Participating in the program will also allow you to stand out against competing graduates, as it will help you to develop your communication and leadership skills.
How to be a part of the program
If you have a passion for an area of study in science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM), and want to help high school students with pathways into STEM, this opportunity is for you.
Our Volunteer and Ambassador Program recruits second-year ECMS students at the start of the academic year. Compulsory information sessions will assist newly selected volunteers understand program expectations.
Which events can I volunteer at?
We are always looking for ECMS student volunteers to help out at events, especially our major annual events, including:
- Open Day
- Young Women in Tech.
Student volunteer and ambassador benefits
Some of the benefits of the program include:
- program achievement listed on your transcript (some conditions apply)
- certificate of appreciation (where you have completed a minimum of 10 hours of volunteering per year)
- volunteer hours count towards the Adelaide Graduate Award
- enhanced professional development and communication skills
- qualifications greater than your degree alone.
- To discover the difference between our volunteer and ambassador roles, see the position descriptions.
- To get more details on the program, see the Student Volunteer and Ambassador program guidelines.
If you have any questions about the student volunteer and ambassador program or would like to get involved, please contact us.