Study a Bachelor of Technology (Defence Industries) at the University of Adelaide.
Make us your 1st preference
In any life choice there's two main decision makers: your head and your heart. It's no different as you decide what, and where, you'll study.
At the University of Adelaide, you can satisfy your head AND heart.
Have it all. HERE and NOW.
Manage cutting edge tech for a more secure world
South Australia’s defence industry is growing—and so is its demand for unique expertise. With many big projects in the pipeline, defence-related organisations are calling for specialists who can communicate defence-tech engineering ideas to everyone from on-the-ground operational personnel to potential commercial partners.
Develop in-demand skills
In addition to gaining a broad understanding of the foundations of technology, including computing, information, mathematics, and the natural and physical sciences —you’ll develop skills in evaluating and using:
- engineering methods, tools and processes in real-world defence-related contexts
- systems-thinking principles to manage and develop well-structured and maintainable defence technology solutions
- AI and automation technologies (Industry 4.0)
- data analytics and cyber security applications
- mechatronics and electrical principles
- advanced critical thinking and interpersonal communication.
Up to 760 hours of work-based training
With multiple internship opportunities providing up to 760 hours of work-based training and experience, the Bachelor of Technology (Defence Industries) at Adelaide will equip you to step-up and be prepared for a job in the defence sector.
Your future career could see you supporting defence-related technology development and management anywhere in the world, from advanced radar equipment research and development to submarine fitouts to Helicopter Dock ship upgrades and Joint Strike Fighter support.