Study a Bachelor of Technology (Defence Industries) at the University of Adelaide.
Manage cutting edge tech for a more secure world
South Australia’s defence industry is growing—and so is its demand for unique expertise. With many big projects in the pipeline, defence-related organisations are calling for specialists who can communicate defence-tech engineering ideas to everyone from on-the-ground operational personnel to potential commercial partners.
Develop in-demand skills
In addition to gaining a broad understanding of the foundations of technology, including computing, information, mathematics, and the natural and physical sciences —you’ll develop skills in evaluating and using:
- engineering methods, tools and processes in real-world defence-related contexts
- systems-thinking principles to manage and develop well-structured and maintainable defence technology solutions
- AI and automation technologies (Industry 4.0)
- data analytics and cyber security applications
- mechatronics and electrical principles
- advanced critical thinking and interpersonal communication.
Up to 760 hours of work-based training
With multiple internship opportunities providing up to 760 hours of work-based training and experience, the Bachelor of Technology (Defence Industries) at Adelaide will equip you to step-up and be prepared for a job in the defence sector.
Your future career could see you supporting defence-related technology development and management anywhere in the world, from advanced radar equipment research and development to submarine fitouts to Helicopter Dock ship upgrades and Joint Strike Fighter support.