The Teletraffic Research Centre (TRC) has expertise in communications engineering. We specialise in designing and improving state-of-the-art telecommunications systems.
We possess world-class expertise in telecommunication system modelling, measurement and management, with technical knowledge and experience across all network layers, and a wide range of civilian and defence applications.
We apply a wide array of techniques—including advanced queueing theory, matrix analytic methods, wavelets and simulation—on problems in:
- traffic characterisation
- resource management
- admission control
- end-to-end performance
- network design
- real-time monitoring and measurement.
The TRC aims to enhance advanced telecommunications systems’ and networks’ performance, and manage network impacts on end-to-end systems. We are particularly focused on improving systems’ robustness, reliability, effectiveness, efficiency and security.
We have collaborated with Telstra on every technology refresh in its networks over the last 30 years. Telstra uses the group’s TelAri Analytics network dimensioning technology to optimise capital expenditure on capacity upgrades.
Leveraging this expertise, we have consulted to major network operators and vendors all over the world, in areas such as:
- traffic and capacity analysis and modelling
- quality-of-service analysis
- systems development, support and maintenance
- network design – reliability and bandwidth management.
We have also provided extensive network modelling for Australian Defence projects, including:
- ISR Integration (JP 2096)
- Battle Management (Land 75)
- Tactical Wireless Mesh Network (Land 2072)
- Tactical Data Links (JP 2089)
- Integrated Air and Missile Defence (AIR 6500).
We advise on, and lead, projects relating to:
We collaborate with various industry and government organisations, including: