ECMS HDR Travelling Scholarship - open to MPhil/PhD in ECMS
The ECMS Higher Degree by Research (HDR) Travelling Scholarship was established in 2019 by the Faculty of Engineering, Computer and Mathematical Sciences (ECMS) to support higher degree by research students who present study-related research at peer-reviewed conferences, interstate or overseas.
Applications are open to all HDR candidates in ECMS, but priority of awards will be given to applicants in computer science and mathematical sciences due to limited scholarship funding available in computer science and mathematical sciences currently.
A number of awards are available annually. The total amount available for the award is estimated at $25,000 per year.
Scholarship recipients with caring responsibilities may apply for support from the ECMS Dependant Travel Fund.
Who can apply?
The ECMS HDR Travelling Scholarship is available to students currently enrolled in
- the second year full-time of a MPhil (or part-time equivalent) in ECMS; or
- the second or third year full-time of a PhD (or part-time equivalent) in ECMS
Please refer to the Scholarship Rules for eligibility requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must lodge a written application using the application form available here, and include the following in their submission:
- Details of the conference, abstract submitted, and evidence of acceptance
- Details of how the conference will benefit their HDR study and future career
- Copies of publications arising from HDR study
- Budget for the proposed travel.
IMPORTANT: Please follow the instructions on the Scholarships Website to submit your application.
Applications close Tuesday, 31 March 2020.