The Frank Perry Travelling Scholarship in Engineering - open to MPhil/PhD in Engineering
The Frank Perry Travelling Scholarship in Engineering has been established to support higher degree by research students who present study-related research at peer-reviewed conferences, interstate or overseas.
This scholarship was established in 1974 as a result of a gift to the University from the Trustees of the Frank and Hilda Perry Trust. Sir Frank Tennyson Perry (1887-1965) had a long history with the University, and was a member of the Council of the University from 1949-1962.
A number of awards are available annually to postgraduate students of outstanding merit in the field of engineering.
The total amount available for the award is estimated at $45,000 per year.
Scholarship recipients with caring responsibilities may apply for support from the ECMS Dependant Travel Fund.
Who can apply?
The Frank Perry Travelling Scholarship in Engineering is available to students currently enrolled in
- the second year full-time of a MPhil (or part-time equivalent) in engineering; or
- the second or third year full-time of a PhD (or part-time equivalent) in engineering.
Please refer to the Scholarship Rules for eligibility requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must lodge a written application using the application form available here, and include the following in their submission:
- Details of the conference, abstract submitted, and evidence of acceptance
- Details of how the conference will benefit their HDR study and future career
- Copies of publications arising from HDR study
- Budget for the proposed travel.
IMPORTANT: Please follow instructions on the Scholarships Website to submit your application.
Applications close Tuesday 31 March 2020.